Licencing advice for restaurants, pubs and hotels

Licensing can be hard to fully understand so let us help

Regulated entertainment as provided by the Licensing Act 2003 including the supply of alcohol.

We can help you understand what can be seen as a complicated and lengthy process.  It was never intended to be such but nevertheless we find an increasing number of clients in the licensing and entertainment business coming to us for advice.

If you don't understand the local licensing policy, have problems with the procedure, need help to draft a noise management plan for your late night licence then you need our help.

There is a great deal of information available to help applicants meet the requirements of the new regime available from the web site of the Department for Culture Media and Sport but finding your way through it might not be as easy as you think. The DMCS guidance notes are available from the following GOV.UK link

In addition to the information provided on the Government's web site applicants should also look at the web site of their own local authority in order to see the statements of licensing policy to which their own authority subscribes. For Bournemouth Borough Council see here, for Poole Borough Council see here

At Turners we understand the terminology, are used to working within the frame work of the regulations and have experience of all aspects of the application process from applying for a Personal Licence to a full application for a new premises licence, dealing with complaints from interested parties and representation before the Committee. We will also liase with the local authority, the police and the other statutory bodies to help you achieve the result you want.

In the event that you should be served with a Review Notice then we can help with that too, but don't delay. Often it is a matter of liaising and negotiating with the relevant authorities and getting the right advice quickly.

For advice in connection with applications for a new (or varying an existing) Premises Licence, changing a Designated Premises Supervisor or applying for a Personal Licence, dealing with an application for review or any other aspect of regulated entertainment contact Mike Shutler